Coaching Package 2
The “Get Ready For Production” Prototype Package
“I’m ready for success! Now show me how to prepare for production so I can sail smoothly through the manufacturing process.”
WHY DO I NEED THIS?
Sew…You want to grow your brand, keep costs down, and speed up delivery times, got it! But before you do anything, understanding product development is the key. Prototypes are the heart of the apparel manufacturing process. They inform production, lead to perfect fit, and act as the “showpieces” that bring in business.
In this package, we’ll explore everything you need to do to ensure a smooth, successful manufacturing process. There are a lot of moving pieces but we’re here to guide you through every step.
RESULTS I CAN EXPECT:
- How to find, hire and build the team to create a prototype.
- How to create the perfect tech pack (product blueprint) which includes, specs, communicate
- construction/seams details, artwork details and more.
- How to source, analyze and select the right fabric & trims.
- How to achieve the best fit and conduct a fit session.
- How to label products and meet legal compliances.
- How to determine, plan, budget and organize the number of styles for sampling and production.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
You read our guides, follow each step, then work with partners to get your tech pack, line sheet and prototype made. I review the work, and together we go over the items at the beginning, middle and end- to ensure all your ducks are in a row before I provide you with next steps.
1. Clarity worksheet – Before we dive in, I’ll send you a worksheet to clarify where you are and what you want to achieve. After that, we’ll do a 30-minute review to get us both on the same page.
2. Milestone 1 – Understand and estimate both production and prototyping lead times, so you can make a plan to meet deadlines.
3. Milestone 2 – Review merchandise planning and line edits based on budgets and business planning.
4. Milestone 3 – Determine labelling requirements and legal compliance.
5. Milestone 4 – Source, select, classify and measure fabric to be able to source or reproduce for production.
6. Milestone 5 – Create design sketches. Gather fit and quality samples.
Submit milestones for me to review and comment. Power hour
7. Milestone 6 – Hire and work with a technical designer to create thorough tech packs, flats and a line sheet.
8. Milestone 7 – Hire and work with a graphic artist to create artwork for hang tags, labels, packaging, prints and more.
9. Milestone 8 – Hire and work with a pattern maker to create the pattern and understand your fit.
10. Milestone 9 – Hire and work with a professional sample maker to create a prototype.
11. Milestone 10 – Hire a fit model. Evaluate prototypes for fit; preparing fit comments. Maintaining and updating information on the tech pack as constant design revisions are made.
Submit milestones for me to review milestones and check the tech pack for and comment. Power hour to go over the prototype. Then I can provide recommendations for next steps.
HERE’S WHAT YOU GET:
- Smart Goals worksheet
- Workback schedule template
- Pre-production checklist to help plan out tasks
- Production budget planning template
- The ultimate Tech Pack Clarity Worksheet & Template
- Fit session Commenting Template
- Bill of Materials sheet
- Low/No Minimum Fabric & Trim Directory
- Guide to Identifying and Classifying Seams & Stitches
- Trims and Embellishments Guide
“Dee time (I’ll review at the beginning, middle and at the finish line and we’ll go over them together)”
Startup yearly budget template ($50 value)
Duration: 8-12 weeks
Dee’s 100% Guarantee:
If this training course isn’t awesome for you, I will offer a full refund within 30 days. If you read all the material, use the templates, do the work and still feel it’s not a fit for you, just tell us why it’s not the right fit for you and you’ll get a full refund. – Dee
Hey, I’m Dee, the resident expert at Source My Garment
My 10 years’ expertise spans the whole industry, from sustainable product development and offshore manufacturing to project management and business strategy.
If you’re launching a fashion business, and want to do it ethically and profitably, I’m the person you need to call.